In this article, we describe several ways to update the Vigvam application.
Vigvam is a browser extension. It is the same application as your smartphone ones. The only difference is that it lives right inside the browser, such as Chrome.
Any browser extension can be updated automatically every time you completely restart your browser. It is the first way which you can always use.
At the same time, Vigvam can be updated inside the application itself with no need to restart the browser!
How to update Vigvam without restarting the browser?
You can update Vigvam right inside the app.
You need conduct the following steps:
1. Make sure Vigvam is installed and the extension is enabled
To do this, go to the Extensions page in your browser menu.
- Type “vigvam” in the search bar. If the extension wasn’t found, then it is not installed. In this case, you need to install Vigvam.
2. Go to the “Settings” page inside Vigvam and click the Update button
Find the Vigvam icon in the browser toolbar.
- If you don’t see it, click the Extensions icon.
- Find Vigvam in the list and pin it.
- Click the Vigvam icon in the browser toolbar.
- Click the “Open Full” button in the opened popup to see the full-page version of Vigvam in a separate tab.
- Navigate to the “Settings” page.
- If an update is available, click the “Restart now” button.
The application will be updated and restarted, and that’s all. If there are no updates available, then you already have the latest version. You will see the new updates in the same place when we publish them.